Laminate splashbacks and upstands
Your laminate splashbacks and upstands are made to high quality standards and should last for many years if you follow these care and maintenance instructions:
- For general cleaning, gently wipe the surface using either a damp cloth or sponge with a mild detergent or non-abrasive cleaner diluted in warm water. It’s important to avoid using abrasive scouring powders, creams or polishes.
- Wipe away spills immediately.
- Treat any persistent stains with white spirit.
- The surface will resist most household foodstuffs, including coffee and red wine, but certain items including shoe polish, dyes and nail varnish will stain.
- Gloss splashbacks need extra care because they are more prone to scratching than textures.
- Never place hot pans, dishes or objects from the oven or hob directly in contact with the laminate surface, because this could cause blistering or cracking. Also take care with hot irons and cigarettes.
- The laminate surface is resistant to impact and has been tested to EN 438 part 2 standards. Any objects with sharp edges may cause surface damage.
- After cleaning, always ensure that you dry the area.