Look After Your Kitchen Cabinets
Your kitchen cabinets are manufactured to comply with the British Standard BS EN 312-P2 and have been tested and passed FIRA Gold product certification.
To best look after your kitchen cabinets:
- Avoiding using an abrasive cleaner or strong chemicals on doors, shelves and surfaces (such as bleach, solvents, vinegar and nail varnish remover).
- Always wipe off any water with a soft cloth rather than leaving it to stand.
- Kitchen cabinets are not water resistant and they will swell if they get wet, so dry any spills immediately.
- Clean your cabinets with a slightly damp non-abrasive cloth with a little liquid soap, then dry thoroughly.
All Symphony Group kitchen cabinet fronts and doors have been made to withstand the normal wear and tear associated with kitchen life. But you should clean any spills with a slightly damp non-abrasive cloth with a little liquid soap, then dry them well.
- Avoid placing electric kettles and steamers under your wall units and on worktop joints to minimise condensation.
- Don’t use steam mops as they cause a lot of moisture.
- Regularly check that all handle screws are secure.
- Never rest heavy objects on partly opened doors or drawers.
The shelves in your kitchen units are adjustable to suit your needs. Weights shown below are the maximum load capacity. We recommend that you load the heaviest items on the base of the cabinet with lighter items on the shelves. Evenly distribute items within your cabinets to avoid minor distortion of the units.
Adjustable metal hanging brackets secure wall units to the wall on 18mm cabinets and units are screwed directly to the wall on 15mm cabinets. We recommend that heavy items are not placed in wall units for accessibility and safety.
Cabinet weight limits
Single door cabinet (150mm – 600mm) – 20kg (Approx. 20 bags of 1kg sugar or
50 tins of 400g soup).
Double door cabinet (800mm – 1,000mm) – 30kg (Approx. 30 bags of 1kg sugar or
75 tins of 400g soup).
Drawer weight limits
Cream drawer – 20kg weight limit (Approx. 20 bags of 1kg sugar or 50 tins of 400g soup).
Silver drawer – 30kg weight limit (Approx. 30 bags of 1kg sugar or 75 tins of 400g soup).